Imperial College AHSC is governed jointly by the partner organisations and serviced by the AHSC Directorate. The AHSC governance chart provides an overview of arrangements which reflect the recently expanded organizational structure as well as those previously established under the bilateral partnership between Imperial and Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
- Joint Executive Group
The Joint Executive Group (JEG) is the body directly responsible for successfully implementing Imperial College AHSC’s strategy and managing the delivery of its work programme. The Group is chaired by Professor Jonathan Weber, Director of the Imperial College AHSC.
Imperial College AHSC governance arrangements are formalised through a Joint Working Agreement. This sets out the parameters, mechanisms and structures for how the partners work together, including the ownership and exploitation of intellectual property.
JEG members are senior leaders of the partner organisations
Professor Jonathan Weber, FMedSci, FRCP – Director of Imperial College AHSC, Vice Dean of the Faculty of Medicine (Research) and Biomedical Research Centre Director at Imperial College London, Jeferriss Professor of Communicable Diseases and GU Medicine
Professor Gavin Screaton, D Phil, FRCP, F Med Sci – Chairman of the Imperial College AHSC Joint Executive Group, Vice President (Health) and Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London, and Dean of Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine, Singapore
Professor Des Johnston – Vice Dean (Education) of the Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London
Mr Nigel Buck – Faculty Operating Officer for Medicine, Imperial College London
Dr Tracey Batten– Chief Executive of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Dr Julian Redhead – Medical Director of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Professor Janice Sigsworth, RN BSc, MSc – Director of Nursing of Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Mr Robert Bell – Chief Executive of Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Richard Grocott- Mason – Medical Director of Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
Mr Piers McCleery – Director of Strategy & Planning Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
Ms Cally Palmer – Chief Executive of Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Nicholas Van As – Medical Director of Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
Dr Liz Bishop – Chief Operating Officer of of Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust
- Strategic Partnership Board
The Strategic Partnership Board (SPB) is the overall governance board of the Imperial College AHSC. It is independently chaired and includes Board level representatives from the Trusts, providing a direct line to the leadership of each partner organisation.
- AHSC Directorate
The Joint Executive Group provides direction to the AHSC Directorate, led by Professor Jonathan Weber. The Directorate is responsible for ensuring delivery of the AHSC work programme.
Members of the Directorate
- Professor Jonathan Weber –Director, Imperial College AHSC
- Dr Angela Cooper – Operations lead for the AHSC, Programme Director for External Partnerships, Faculty of Medicine, Imperial College London
- Catherine England – Excecutive Assistant, AHSC Directorate
Joint Infrastructure (supporting the bilateral IC-ICHT partnership)
- Dr Sarah Perkins – Director of Research, Imperial College London
- William Mortimer – Director of the Joint Research Office (JRO), Imperial College London
- Gary Roper – Director of the Joint Research Compliance Office (JCRO), Imperial College London
- Tania Palalic – Director of Contracts, Imperial College London
- Professor Paul Elliott – AHSC Director of Information Governance
Clinical Academic Training
- Dr Jeremy Levy – Director of the Clinical Academic Training Office (CATO), Imperial College London
- Samantha Hobbs – CATO Manager, Imperial College London
- Richard Gaskin – CATO Administrator, Imperial College London
- Franca Davenport– AHSC Communications Officer, Communications and Public Affairs, Imperial College London
For details of how to get in touch with the Directorate, please visit our contact us page.