The Imperial College AHSC brings together scientists and clinicians with a common interest in reducing the impact of brain disorders. Our main focus is on dementia, Parkinson’s disease, multiple sclerosis, traumatic brain injury and stroke.
Through the NIHR Imperial Biomedical Research Centre, multidisciplinary teams of engineers, biologists and clinicians are discovering disease mechanisms and risk factors that could be translated into new diagnostic tools and therapies for these conditions. The partnership also hosts:
- UKDRI Care Research & Technology Centre
- One of six centres in the UK Dementia Research Institute (UKDRI). The Centre draws on strengths in the School of Public Health and Faculties of Natural Sciences and Engineering to drive forward new research programmes into the prevention, detection and treatment of the disease.
- Centre for Psychedelics Research
- Multiple Sclerosis and Parkinson’s Tissue Bank
- Imperial Neuromuscular and Rehabilitation Network
- Imperial Centre for Neurotechnology